Drummer Leonard Haze's thoughts on old age and dying - First In Educational News And Matters + Past Questions And Answers



Want to Contact Us For Ads or Promotion? Click Here


Post Top Ad

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Drummer Leonard Haze's thoughts on old age and dying

Leonard Haze was a great drummer. He passed away in his sleep last weekend at age 61. I saw him on tour with Ian Gillan in 1992 and the whole band was amazing. He had this humongous Ludwig drum kit and was a powerful drummer. Lenny Haze recorded the Toolbox album with Gillan, one of the songs from the album, Don't hold me back, is linked below:



Considering the recent deaths of many rock and roll greats, this Facebook post by Lenny from January seems very relevant:

Leonard Haze, thinking about a lot of things.
January 2:

"That's enough. Why is it so hard to get old ? You loose friends as you go. With Bill F rates today that's for me since Christmas a total of 4 people I know passing away. Christmas eve my step daughter Danielle Galvin ' s Aunt & best friend at 36. From something she didn't know about. Lemmy two days after Christmas something he just discovered. Bill Frates today. I heard he was very I'll but still. You add on Mark Weaver & I am sorry but now I know why granny didn't want to play bingo.
I asked her if " you want a ride to the church to play bingo" ?" No " she snapped. Why ? Too many old people was the response. She explained that the last ladies she had become friends with all had died & she had lost all her friends. She was about 92 at the time & an uncle my mom & I took care of her and her older sister my greatest Aunt Mary. I can't explain how funny those two old ladies were. Best thing I ever did was 3 days a week with them.
But now granny I understand why you said more pain comes from loosing others than your body gives you getting old. Now I get it."

Lenny had moderate to severe COPD, according to news reports.

References:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-yt-drummer-leonard-haze-dead-at-61/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolbox_(album)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad